WHY THE OAK INFUSION SPIRAL®
IS THE SMARTEST OAK ALTERNATIVE:
- Low cost per gallon
- Easy dosage adjustment
- Eliminates labor, space, time and cost of new barrels
- Adds refined new oak in weeks, not months
- Stays fresh in its original protective plastic packaging in long term storage, if necessary
- Four toast choices
- Quickly masks a wine flaw
- Adds new oak before bottling
- Maximized cross-grain exposure speeds extraction and submersion into wine, adds layered complexity
- Available from stock
- Clean, tight-grained French oak from Vosges and American oak from Minnesota
- Air-seasoned a minimum of 24 months
- Choice of single-toast and multi-toast barrel packs
- Years of proven results from producers at all levels: from less than 1000 cases to over 500,000
- Tank-size Oak Spiral packs available for Flextanks and stainless tanks
Heavy Toast brings pronounced caramelized, carbonized and toast flavors very quickly.
Medium Plus Toast Is between Medium and Heavy Toast. It has aromas of honey, roasted nuts and a hint of coffee and spices.
Medium Toast has less tannins but more bouquet, so will impart more aroma than flavor. It has a warm, sweet character with strong vanilla overtones.
Light Toast fresh oak, coconut and fruit flavors.
Premium American and French Oak
Featuring tight grain oak sourced from slow growing Minnesota forests. This wood is void of sapwood, bark and knots and air dried for 24 months. This oak is also available in light, medium, medium plus and heavy toast levels using convection toasting for thorough and even toasting. See our varieties section.
With the rise of the euro to the dollar and general inefficiencies barrels present to a winery, such as storage and handling of barrels, the Infusion Spiral® is a much more economical solution to traditional cooperage. You will save real dollars without any compromise of final quality. The Oak Spiral is made in the USA.
The carbon footprint of traditional cooperage is difficult to estimate although it is significant. The storage of barrels require warehouses which require heat, lighting etc... The usage of one French Oak tree produces approximately four barrels worth of hand split stave wood. The Infusion Spiral can produce 250+ packages out of one tree with each package representing the equal to one barrel--without compromising quality.
Ease of Use
Whether using the Infusion Spiral in a neutral barrel or a stainless or plastic tank, the system is simple. The spirals are encased in a food grade mesh and can easily be inserted through the bung of a neutral barrel without having to remove the barrel head. In a tank they are conveniently crafted into five 48-inch lengths encased in the same mesh which can easily be introduced to the wine through the normal tank access point.
“I have tried all the alternatives out there. I found these to be the absolute best for giving wines not only the oak flavoring I want but also the mouthfeel like a new barrel. Hats off to the folks at The Barrel Mill for their great product.”
Rich “Kaz” Kasmier, Owner/Winemaker
Sonoma Valley, CA
Follow @OakSpiral4Wine _________________________________________________________________________