Frequently Asked Questions
Infusion Spiral Questions
- What is an oak alternative?
- What make Infusion Spirals® unque?
- Can the Infusion Spiral® really flavor a barrel in as little as six weeks?
- What sizes do the spirals come in?
- What flavors do you offer?
- What toast levels do you offer?
- Can I try before buying?
Display Barrel Questions
- What are your display barrels made from?
- Do your display barrels hold water?
- What are some common uses for your display barrels?
- Can these barrels be used outdoors?
- Do you make custom barrels?
Infusion Spiral® Questions
What is an oak alternative?
'Oak Alternative' refers to alternative methods to using oak barrels for flavoring wine. A wine's oak character can be imparted using one of a myriad of non barrel oaking methods. These alternative methods include spirals, oak chips, oak powder, or by the insertion of oak staves into tank.
What make Infusion Spirals® unque?
Using oak alternatives is not new, and there are many options out there. However our oak alternatives are unique and superior in many ways.
- Maximum end-gran exposure. According to the USDA Forest Service, Agriculture handbook, #40 publication, liquids (e.g. wine) penetrate the woods exposed end grain approximately 8 (eight) times faster in comparison to side grain. The liquid is absorbed or “wicked” by the wood fibers.
- Superior Oak. Our American White and French Oak Infusion Spirals are made from the finest oak we can find. Hand-picked and aged to perfection, producing excellent oak flavor.
- Speed. Our Infusion Spirals can fully flavor a wine barrel in as little as 6 weeks.
- Thoroughly Toasted. Our unique process toasts our Infusion Spirals 100% through the wood, evenly, from end to end. Every spiral comes to you sealed in food-grade packaging, ready to produce consistant results.
Can the Infusion Spiral® really flavor a barrel in as little as six weeks?
YES! We actually warn our new winery customers about this. We urge them to start testing their wine after 4-5 weeks. Most of them do not believe us... at first. The flavor is so rich and the the oak exposure so intense that you'll find you can produce excellence in fast order without sacrificing quality.
What sizes do the spirals come in?
We offer 3 different sizes: 8 INCH (8x1) 18 inch (18x1.5) and 48 inch (48x1.5).
What flavors do you offer?
All of our spiral sizes come in 2 oak flavors: American White Oak& French Oak.
What toast levels do you offer?
All of our spiral sizes come in 4 different toast levels: Light, Medium, Medium Plus and Heavy.
Can I try before buying?
YES! We will send you out a sample of our infusion spiral so you can taste for yourself.
Display Barrel Questions
What are your display barrels made from?
We offer Display Barrels in American Oak and Aspen.
Do your display barrels hold water?
Our Oak Barrels hold water. Our Aspen Barrels do not.
What are some common uses for your display barrels?
Store displays of various kinds--fruit, coffee, clothing. Other uses include, end tables, rain barrels. The list of uses is limited to your imagination!
Can these barrels be used outdoors?
Our Oak Barrels can be used outdoors. Our Aspen Barrels are for Indoor use only. Many people even use them as Planter Barrels for landscaping.
Do you make custom barrels?
YES. If you have an idea for a barrel, but you're not quite sure what's possible, give us a call. Wood Barrels can be customized in many ways. We'd be glad to discuss your barrel needs with you.
If you have questions, email us at email@example.com.